Why do I get a busy signal when calling an International mobile phone?
A busy signal when calling internationally could mean any number of things are happening:
- If you're calling from a cell phone, it could be that your wireless provider is not letting you connect internationally.
- There could be a problem with the wireless account of the person you are calling (out of minutes, account issue, etc)
- Their phone may not be setup to accept international calls
- Their hone number may no longer be active
- There could be network congestion
We recommend you try the following:
- Verify that the number you are dialing is correct
- Try the number again at a later time
- If you continue to get a busy signal, get an alternate for the person/company that you are trying to reach
To place an international call, you need to know the country that you are calling, as well as the local number of the person/company you are trying to reach.
Back to the FAQ